Anniversary Night and Friday Fill-In ...

"I do the best that I can for the day and then I move on."

~ Linda Dietz ~

This quote is from my sister, and it cracks me up. I don't know why - it just does. Maybe it's because if you know Linda, you can imagine her saying it. While sitting at lunch one day with her, Mom, Jim and Brea, she said it and I immediately grabbed a receipt out of my purse to write it down. It now is taped to my computer so I can see it every day.

The statement, however, is very true! Do the best you can for the day and move on. I ♥ it!

Thursday night we went out to eat with Scott's family to celebrate our 15-year anniversary, Carol's birthday and life in general!

Before going out to eat, my hubby surprised me with these beauties. We've always agreed that we will not buy gifts for each other so I was a little surprised when he had them out in the kitchen for me to see.

Here we are at the restaurant - good food, good memories - good times!!

Carol surrounded by the grandkids!

I once again am participating in the Friday Fill-In ...

1. It's time for peace in the world and the government to get their act together already - seriously!

2. Church; it's not a bad place for recharging the soul.

3. I must be the luckiest person in the world - great hubby, awesome kid, wonderful family and fantastic friends!

4. {Love} and [Honesty] are the best things I have ever known.

5. My life is simply perfect right now - I'm not going to complain. Go back to my quote at the top - do the best you can and then move on.

6. The last time I laughed really loudly was last night when I had supper with a bunch of my girlfriends!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a motorcycle ride with my hubby, tomorrow my plans include a class reunion and Sunday, I want to enjoy another ride on the cycle!

No comments:

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...