Recipe: Crack Bread


1 unsliced loaf of sourdough bread
1 cup (estimate) of grated fiesta-blend cheese
Oscar Mayer Real Bacon bits
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp liquid Ranch dressing mix

 Pre-heat oven for 350 degrees. Place bread on a piece of aluminum foil on a baking sheet. (in my pictures I missed this part so don't forget to do it or you'll need your handy hubby to help you move a crazy cut-apart loaf of bread!)


Cut the bread length-wise, careful to not cut through the bottom crust.


Cut the bread the opposite direction to create "cubes" of bread, again not cutting through the bottom.


Separate the pieces of bread, sprinkling cheese down in the bread. You can add as much or as little as you want.


Next, do the same with the bacon bits.  (See what I mean about NOT forgetting the aluminum foil - now I had to move this!  Yikes!!)


That's better!


Mix the melted butter and ranch dressing in a bowl or measuring cup. Pour over the bread and into the grooves. If you have enough left over, using a pastry brush you can coat the top of the pieces.


Wrap the entire loaf in aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take out and remove any aluminum foil. Since I had it on the bottom, I just removed the extra piece I had on the top and pushed the rest down to the side. Return to oven for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.


 Makes a yummy appetizer or addition to an Italian meal!  Make and enjoy!

The original recipe comes from www.plainchicken.com. I changed it slightly because I worked with what I had in my fridge and pantry. Feel free to check out the original one as well!

No comments:

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...