Awww Shucks ... It's Corn Freezin' Time!

I got a call from my mom yesterday telling me she would be dropping off the corn we were getting from Jim!  What?!  That means I need to be ready to make it all.  We got everything we needed and got the process going!

 Have your awesome Mom drop off a bunch of corn.  :)

 Shuck ALL the corn ... approximately 100 ears!

 Get help ... the cuter, the better.

 Make sure you help as well or someone might say, "You didn't help, that's not fair!"  LOL!

 Once all the corn is shucked, flirt with your hubby just a little so he'll cut it all off the cobs.

 I must have flirted just the right amount because it all got done and put in containers until I was ready to cook it all.

Day 2

 Fill roaster pan approximately 1/2 to 3/4 full of corn.  Turn stovetop burner on about 8, just enough to boil the ingredients and cook the corn.

 Add 1 cup of water ...

 1 stick of butter (can have less but I like the butter taste!) ...

 1 cup of sugar ...

 Stir it all together and cover.

 Cook for approximately 15 - 20 minutes, stirring every 5-8 minutes.  If you leave it for the entire length of time without stirring, it will burn!

 Bag everything up in quart-sized bags.  I made some with four cups and some with two so we can just grab what we need for the meal we are making.

Doesn't that look yummy?!  We are set for winter and can have sweet corn throughout the year.

Thanks Mom and Jim for the corn!!

Recipe:

Sweet Corn (roaster pan 1/2 to 3/4 full)
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter (can be less)

Have fun making your own if you try this recipe.  By the way, corn is messy so the more you can do outside, the better.  I seriously wanted to move my stove outside to do this because the butter-sugar juice is sticky but it makes it OH.SO.GOOD!!

1 comment:

Marnie said...

Let me just say I definitely want to be like you when I grow up! You are SO on the ball and get SO much done! Love you lots!

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...