Fall Decorating 2011

This year I went to a friend's house and purchased a bunch of pumpkins from her at a GREAT price so I had lots of them to decorate with.  The white ones I got off a self-serve trailer on the side of the road in Waverly, MN, while on the way home from visiting my Great Aunt.  It was a major score!


Again using my Aunt Joyce's table for decorating.  It sits outside all year long and gets weather and aged, but that's what I love about it.  I grabbed a bunch of stuff from the fall bin and went to down putting it all on the table.  I have no rhyme or reason to where I put stuff, I just put it down and move it around until I feel good about it.  :)


Here's a close-up of the pumpkin on the table.  I spray painted thumbtacks the color black and then created a W with them.  Monograms make things so much more personal in my opinion.


The one end of the garage is a little more narrow so I put this crate there with some little decorations on top.  I love the copper pot, it brings in another element.  Oh, and I adore little churches for some reason.  I gravitate to them all the time.


Grandma Kosse's fence is in the middle of the two garage doors.  The little bench is made from barn wood from the barn that blew down years ago.  Again, I just put a bunch of things on both items unil it looked right to me.


I got the cornstalk the same time I got my orange pumpkins so it was a great space filler by the mudroom entrance door.  It's hard to see but the thing holding the flowers is an old camper coffee pot ... think speckled black.  I love it!


And at the end of the driveway by the fence I put up this stuff.  The screen I got from a five-screen panel that I bought long time ago at a garage sale.  I just unscrewed on panel to hang the garland and the W on.  I think it's welcoming and festive!

Hope you have a wonderful Fall!  The weather has been pretty good in Minnesota, and today is actually very nice outside.  It's a lazy day as Brea is doing a bit of homework and Hayden is taking a nap.  As soon as he wakes up, we're headed outside to enjoy a little sun!

No comments:

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...