YUMMY Pumpkin Seeds!

The boys were here for the weekend so I decided to get some things done that were on my To Do List!  One was finally getting some pumpkin seeds roasted!
 

Nugget decided to be my little helper for the job and he ROCKED it!!


The guts gotta come out!


Wash them off thoroughly!  I think I rinsed and washed mine about three times because I don't like ANY strings or anything left on the seeds.


Here's where the patience comes in.  If you want really crispy seeds, soak the seeds for atleast eight hours in salt water.  We gutted the pumpkins in the middle of the day so we soaked them all day long.  Then overnight we layed them out on a towel to dry out.  The next day is when the magic happens!


Here's the recipe:

2 cups (approximately) pumpkin seeds (rinsed, soaked for 8 hours, dried overnight)
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
4 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp onion powder

(for the garlic salt and onion powder, I don't even measure, I just shake some into the bowl)

Preheat oven to 250 degrees.

Mix everything together making sure all seeds are coated.  Spread seeds out on a cookie sheet in a single layer, baking for approximately one hour (or until crispy and brown and all "sauce" has evaporated) - stir every 20 minutes.  If you have more sauce, it might taken an extra 20 minutes to get them done but TOTALLY worth it!

Remove from oven when done and place in bowl.  Let cool for about five minutes and ENJOY!

 

Here they are spread out on the cookie sheet waiting to go in the oven.


The finished goodness!  Super yummy and a great little snack!

The kids and adults that were here when they came out of the oven started eating these right away and didn't want to stop!  Let me know if you make them and if you think they are as good as I do!

No comments:

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...