Recipe: Crockpot "Candy" Chicken

Here's a new recipe that I tried in the crockpot.  It was really good - just enough "sweet" to make it super yummy!


Here's the ingredients:

6 (or so) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon lime soda (7-up)
2/3 cup white wine (could use vinegar)
3 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper

Go here for the recipe I sortof followed but again, I went with what I had on hand.



I used our bigger crockpot for this but it is suggested to use a 4-quart crockpot.

Put the chicken in the crockpot.  Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl and pour over the chicken.  Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.  The chicken is done when it is cooked through and has reached the desired consistency.  The longer you cook it, the more tender it will be.  I cooked mine for about 7 hours on low and it was super easy to cut with a fork ... very tender.


Here it is before it starts cooking.  If you use a smaller crockpot, it would cover the chicken even more.  Halfway through the cooking time, I turned the chicken over to make sure the juices would absorb into both sides.


And here it is as a meal!  I served it with rice and my Grandma's Banana Bread.  It was very good.  Brea, Scott and Hayden all loved it!  This will definitely be one I'm making again!

Make it ... enjoy it!

No comments:

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...