Valentine's Decorating

The fireplace mantle was a little bare after I took down all of the Christmas decorations so today while Hayden was sleeping, I got crafty and made a few things to jazz it up a bit.  I was on a roll and made a few things for our entrance table too.


I made the little clothespins that hold the pictures, the XOXO magnetic letters and the LOVE banner, plus found a bunch of other things around the house to make it more decorative.


The LOVE banner is made from paper that I printed on.  It is from an old electrician's book that I ripped apart for another project a while ago.  I just ran the sheets through the printer with these "cross stitch" letters.  I then had a small piece of felt that I cut the three hearts from.


The clothespins were SUPER easy and I had these done in less than five minutes.  I used Tacky Tape to cover the front of the whole clothespin then pushed it into glitter.  The little cream flower I had from a while back and never did anything with it.  It's just lace rolled up into the flower ... easy peasy!


The XOXO letters were just some corrugated cardboard I had in my stash.  I cut them out, put a little magnet on the back and viola ... instant cuteness!


Here's the table in the entrance.  It needed something because it was sitting bare as well.  I printed the printable, put it in a frame and called it perfect!!  The next thing I made was the charger holder.  Details next.  --------->


I was sick of having all of our charger cords for phones and cameras laying around all over so I gathered them all in one spot, the cords are plugged in behind the dresser on a power strip and all we have to do is plug them in and grab them on the way out the door.  I'm digging it!


A look from the top.  I always have a camera battery charging ... you never know when you're going to need a freshly charged battery!

So there you go ... craftiness at it's best today ... all done within two hours.  Now to sit back and enjoy it all.  Have a happy tomorrow!! 

No comments:

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...