Recipe: Chicken Cheddar Parmesan Bake

While looking on Pinterest for something to eat tonight, I came across a recipe that I adapted to what I had available ... mainly the cheese and the "crunchy" for the top of the recipe.  That's where the cheddar part comes in.
 
 Here's the ingredients I used:  shredded cheese, cheddar french fried onions, parmesan cheese, basil, extra virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes and Prego sauce.  Also not pictured is minced garlic and the boneless, skinless chicken breasts (they were thawing in the microwave).
 
I didn't measure anything for this - just dump and cook!  Love that!!
 
 Drizzle some olive oil in the pan, then add a couple spoons of garlic - spread around the pan.
Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of that.
 
 Put chicken in dish (I changed dishes because the first one was too big) ... then pour sauce over the chicken.
 
 Sprinkle basic on top of sauce (I added a little cheese before taking the picture - oops!)
 
 Put cheese on (any will do - original recipe calls for mozzarella) - followed by some parmesan cheese
 
 Here's where the crunchy comes in ... top it with some french fried onions.  I used the cheddar kind and the topping was DELICIOUS!
 
 Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly done.  Might vary according to oven and how many chicken pieces you are baking.
 
So that's it ... sit down and enjoy!

No comments:

SHOUT OUT!!

I *FINALLY* have a picture with Mom and Dad #2 that I can share on my blog so this shout out goes to two of my favorite people, Dave and Ka...